A little while back a reader sent me an email asking of I had a tutorial for my little angels I made 2 years ago that was hosted on Frosting For The Cause. She informed me that the link to the tutorial I made didn't work. I checked it out, and sure enough the site is down. So no one can get to the tut. So I thought I would re post it here now.
Keep in mind, I made these 2 years ago! If I were to make these now I probably would have just piped the hearts straight on instead of doing RI transfers....and even if I was to do RI transfers, I would do them over a sheet printed with hearts so that they were all the same. But that's just the perfectionist in me. They're still cute.
I have been fortunate in my life to not know anyone personally affected by cancer. Though I don't have any personal experience to share, I am aware of the pain it can cause families and the devastation it can leave behind. I thank the Lord daily for my fortune. It saddens me to know that out there somewhere a woman is battling with her own body.
Keep up the fight ladies
So today, in honor and memory of those waging war against cancer we're going to make cookies. Cookies make everything a little easier to swallow. :)
Opal Sanding Sugar
Angel cookie cutter
The Day Before:
1. Pipe pink hearts on to wax paper using a #3 tip.
2. Let dry overnight. Once dry, the parchment paper should easily pull away from the royal icing hearts.
Decorating your Cookies:
1. Mix your dough according to directions and roll between 2 sheets of parchment paper
2. Cut your dough with an angel cutter and bake.
3. Once your cookies are completely cool, pipe the heads on the angels using flesh tone icing (I use Americolor Copper/Fleshtone)
4. Once that is dry, outline and fill the angel's dress.
5. Let dry completely
6. Once the angels are completely dry, pipe and outline the wings. While they are still wet, apply opal sanding sugar. (If your angels are not completely dry the sanding sugar WILL stick to the body of your angel instead of just the wings)
7. Add the details. Add a halo and dust it with opal sanding sugar. Then pipe on the outline on the arms, the hands, and the feet.
8. Attach the royal icing hearts using a dab of semi stiff royal icing.
Happy Baking! :)