Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Shabby Chic Owls

Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Sometime in April my mom decided to host a baby shower for one of our long time family friend's daughter.  Her daughter grew up with my sister Amy.  So of course our families became friends.  Well, she was decorating the nursery with owls, so mom asked me if I would make owls for the shower....she asked me back in early March.  It's as if she knew I wouldn't get to them once baby John arrived.....like she knows me or something...moms...weird right??

Well yeah, I didn't get to them.  Totally coincidental...had nothing to do with the baby arriving...my mother isn't always right....

But I had already cut and baked the cookies.

Since I don't sell my cookies, no one eats them.  So I kept the owls in a ziplock in a freezer till about.... well... 2 days ago... when I decided I would finally get these owls done.  They had been haunting me...begging to be decorated.


My sisiter Ashley is engaged so I've been looking at a lot of wedding stuff lately and I fell in love with this shabby chic sort of wedding pallett.  Ashley isn't in love with the pallet....but that's besides the point.  I was inspired.  The white and ivory...the peach and rose gold....the minty teal....


I want to take a minute to point out how much we cookiers overlap without realizing it.  Note the shape of these owls.  Look familiar?  It was totally on accident!  I drew these owls on my sketch pad back in April...then Sugar Belle came out with these.  I was texting her at the time btw and told her we had cut our owls the exact same shape!  Except the way she cut hers made more sense than the way I cut mine.  I had to make it too complicated of course.  But I just wanted to say that with so many minds out there, it's inevitable that one day you and someone else will have the exact same idea without even knowing it.  It's like our periods were in sync or something...

Anyway...there ya go...now there's a tutorial for cutting these owls :)


Anyway...these owls can stop haunting me now.  I mean haunting me in the cutest way possible....but still haunting....

Sorry I didn't get these done in time for your shower mom....you know if you lived across the street these things wouldn't happen.

Maybe...

11 comments:

Loretta Ray - Sweet Southern Cookies said...

Love the pink one with the necklace! That's adorable 💓

The Bearfoot Baker said...

Oh my goodness!! They are the cutest owls EVER!!

Kari ~ Yankee Girl Yummies said...

Great set! :)

Susie said...

These have so much personality! I have an owl cutter that is so boring...I like the pudgier ones! Very sweet, and I adore this palette!

Unknown said...

Sweetness! Love the one with the pearls, so chic! You rocked these!

Montreal Confections said...

You are so talented, I am always so impressed with your designs and your photos are wonderful as well.

SimplySweetsbyHoneybee{Melissa} said...

Stunning!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pink owl with the strands of pearls! Too cute!!

Unknown said...

I love your cookies they are such works of art, but you have a gift for staging!

Paula said...

I love owl cookies. These shabby chic ones are fabulous!

mca said...

These are precious! They "have" to be southern owls on their way to a tea party!!! I love the pearls!

Charlene

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios