Thursday, February 16, 2012

WFD? Roasted Tomatoes with Angel Hair

Thursday, February 16, 2012
OK, I LOVE PASTA!  I'm not kidding.  I have to control my pasta intake because I am a pasta nut.  I will eat my weight in pasta.  (and hunny that's a lotta pasta...)

This is a recipe that I commonly make for lunch.  Mostly because it's light, tasty, and only calls for a few ingredients (most of which I always have handy).





Slow roasting the cherry tomatoes in the oven for a long time helps bring out the sweetness.  Try to use quality ingredients as this recipe is designed to enhance the natural flavors in them.  I suggest using a colorful medley of cherry tomatoes while in season for optimum flavor and a variety of color. 

Roasted Tomatoes with Angel Hair
Adapted from Cooking Light

8oz uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
2 TBSP olive oil, divided
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
salt
pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1.5 pints colorful cherry tomato medley
crumbled goat cheese
basil leaves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.  Set aside.

In a large ziplock bag, place 1TBSP olive oil, vinegar, garlic and red pepper flakes.  Season with a little salt and pepper.  Pour the tomato mixture out on to the baking dish.  Roast on middle rack for 20-30 minutes, until soft and slightly charred.

While the tomatoes roast, cook angel hair pasta according to packaging instructions.  Reserve 1/2 c cooking water.  Drain and return to pot.  Keep warm.

When the tomatoes have finished cooking, remove from oven and add them to the pasta in the pot.  Scrape down any remaining juices and tomato bits (that's the good stuff right there).  Put the pot back on the stove over medium low heat and add 1/2c of cooking liquid.  Cook, tossing, until the sauce comes together.  Add remaining TBSP of olive oil.  Toss pasta.

Place in individual bowls and top with 1 TBSP crumbled goat cheese and thinly sliced basil leaves.

Enjoy IMMEDIATELY!

:)

3 comments:

Paula said...

Your love of pasta mirrors my husbands and he would really enjoy a bowl of this!

Renee said...

I have just spent 3 days reading your whole blog. Not 3 solid days, obviously. :) It's wonderful! Thank-you for all the effort this must have taken, and for sharing it.

SweetSugarBelle said...

Now I'm hungry!!!

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios