Thursday, March 18, 2010

Twilight New Moon Cookies

Thursday, March 18, 2010
Ok so New Moon comes out this Saturday.  Like at the stroke of midnight Saturday.  David is going to some local beer brewers thing in Dallas Friday night with a buddy of his and they are (wisely) getting a hotel room at the hotel that it is being held at and are opting not to drive.  I support this.  But since he will be gone my friend Kim is coming over Friday night.  We are going to watch Twilight and laugh our butts off at the lame acting and cheesy directing.  Then at midnight we are going to go get New Moon.  Either we will watch it that night (tho I doubt it.  I'm old and I have a baby, I need my beauty rest) or we will save it for the next night.  So Saturday night we are going to have a small "movie release party" for 3 (or 4 depending on if my sister shows up or not)  So I had to do SOMETHING festive for the occasion right??


Voila!  My Twilight inspired cookies.  I say inspired because they look kinda Twilight-esque but I wouldn't go as far to say that the look just like something off of a cover.

  the moon....with a blood spattered sky....

my adaptation of the flower on the cover

I hand painted the detail on the moon to make it look like it wasn't just some random white circle.  And the technique I used on the flower cookies is inspired by Sweet Ambs brush embroidery cookies.



It's a technique I could probably use some more practice with but I think it turned out pretty good for a first attempt.  


0 comments:

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios