Thursday, January 3, 2013

From the Vault: Football Stadium Cookies

Thursday, January 3, 2013
The College Football National Championship game is almost here!!

It's January 7th.... I think.....

Anyway, it's Alabama VS Notre Dame.  Big game.

I've mentioned my family ties to U of A yes?  Yes.  We're big into the SEC in my family.  We enjoy SEC football.  So it's no surprise who we are going to root for.

Notre Dame...

Right....no.... Alabama.... My dad almost had a coronary.....





Anyways, I was sitting here, fresh back from vacation in Texas over the holidays, making a grocery list, ordering shelving for the play room.... and I was thinking about some cookies I made for an Alabama game a couple years back....

like 2 + years back....so they're old and sloppier than I would do them now.  But I still love them


Just cuteness.  And simple.  And easy....

And when your throwing a football party and you have tons of guacamole to make, beer to purchase, and football paraphernalia to toss around your house .... cute easy cookies are always appreciated.  By me mostly....because I didn't kill myself making them....but everyone else thinks I did.


Think I might remake them this year.  If I do, I'll post a pic... we will see...

I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday!  We went to Texas to spend time with the family.  Ate too much.  Made an AWESOME PIE that I will post later....

I decided to take that week off.  I'm all big and pregnant and tired and sleeping was SO nice.  Sorry about the break.  I'm back now.  And I will resume posting bright and early Monday :)




5 comments:

Elizabeth L in Apex, NC said...

I love these! They're just perfect. (And this from a die-hard Auburn fan!) But just because we can't root for Notre Dame, I'll go ahead and say it: Roll Tide!

Unknown said...

gorgeous!! Love the golden spotlights!

Anne said...

I love them!!!

Karen @ Sugartown Sweets said...

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! These are super cute & pure genius..what a great idea. :)

Alison Vandermay said...

How do you get the non-perils to stick so close together? I made cookies like these for the super bowl and you can still see the icing underneath them... any advice?
Your cookies are simply amazing by the way, I made your pie cookies at Thanksgiving, they were a HUGE hit!

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios