Monday, January 14, 2013

Sophie's Pink and Purple Princess Party

Monday, January 14, 2013
Over the holidays my beautiful little girl turned 4.

These were seriously the only non Christmas cookies I made all season.  And I think they're my favorite because they're just so darn GIRLIE!!  :)


I can't remember the last time I had so much fun making cookies.  I'll admit, sometimes I get burned out and cookies feel more like work than fun.  But these were actually fun.  And it felt so good to make cookies for someone I love.


There are some fun shapes and designs here.

The carraige is made with a cheap pumpkin cutter I got in one of those large econo packages at Michales.  I just added "wheels".  The shoe design was inspired by a pillow I saw at Target like 3 years ago.  And the mini bows....those are cutters I found in the clay crafting section at Hobby Lobby.

I collect for these reasons.... you never know what your going to need when....


I know this picture is a little rough....but I don't quite have the whole professional indoor lighting thing quite down.  Like at all.  I should really look into that.  But here is her cake....


She was so stinking happy.  All she wanted was a princess cake.

She had another party (with all the school kids her age) that I made cupcakes for.  Same chocolate cake and purple icing (per the birthday girl's request) and I used the mini bows as cupcake toppers.  Really so adorable.  Wish I would have taken a pic of them.  But, as per usual in the life of a mom on the go, I ran out of time for photography.  Dangit.


Anyway!  I'm starting to gear up for Valentine's around here!  I should (hopefully) be back soon after I slip into something more romantic....like an apron and sweats....and make some cute Valentine's sweets :)




24 comments:

Jaclyns Cookies said...

You really do "girly" better than anyone else! These are gorgeous and Sophie looks so happy at her party!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful 4 year old! Love her birthday dress and her cookies and cake are just wonderful.

Anne said...

These cookies are absolutely adorable!!! Super girlie!

Michelle @ MakeMeCake.me said...

Oh my gosh! Adorable! Sophie looks so happy and how could she not, those cookies and her princess cake are amazing!

Unknown said...

They are precious Ali! Beautiful soft colors and great designs

Glory/ Glorious Treats said...

So, so beautiful and perfect! You do girly cookies so well!! I love the whole set! And the photo with the (beautiful!) cake and your little princess is super sweet!

Bea said...

AMAZING! Love all of them! Congrats to Sophie!

Sue said...

What a darling Birthday Girl! Your cookies are gorgeous and I love them on the cake! I am especially in love with the crown! :)

Melissa said...

So precious! I love the picture of her with the cake!

The Bearfoot Baker said...

You are so stinking uber talented!! I am in LOVE with this set of cookies and your little birthday girls is adorable!!

Michelle said...

Makes me want to be 4 again so I can have these! They are beautiful Ali !

Elizabeth L in Apex, NC said...

Fan-slam-tastic! I lovelovelove these!!

Amy (Cookies4Chloe) said...

Are those chocolate chips or blueberries hiding under the icing? I'm intrigued!

What a beautiful set of cookies! I can't wait to make super girly cookies for my sweet little 1 1/2 year old princess one of these days.

triciaz said...

Sophie is adorable!! The cake is incredible, and I love the cookies!!

Cristin's Cookies said...

Oh Ali these cookies are so absolutely adorable as is your little 4-year old. What a fun post! I can see how much fun you had with these! Fantastic job!

Anonymous said...

OMG lovely cookies Happy Birthday to the little princess she is adorable

Jennifer said...

You never cease to take my breath away! I want to have cookies like this on my birthday! :)

Unknown said...

These are just so amazing. I think I need to have a princess party just to have these cookies and that purple cake. I love your work.

Second Hand Rose said...

Wow!!! These are absolutely amazing and so so detailed!! I adore them and would love to be able to make cookies like this!! She is one very lucky and very beautiful girl! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.co.uk

kristen @ just-iced cookies said...

These are beautiful!! So frilly and girly :)

Unknown said...

Perfect princess cake and cookies for you perfect little princess! She's gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

They are gorgeous. :)

Anonymous said...

Ali...These cookies are so beautiful. Where did you get the cookie cutter for the large bow? it is really pretty!! Thank you, Fo Harris

Asmita said...

Awesome! Do you have a tutorial on this?

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios