Monday, June 10, 2013

From the vault: Colorful Butterflies

Monday, June 10, 2013

So I have been a little short on time for cookies lately.  Weird right?  I mean the lady has a baby and suddenly she doesn't have time to do cookies?  Who needs a shower right?  There's cookies.

Anyway, so I'm going to be posting cookies here and there that I made a while back that I've been saving for  times like this...where I'm too tired to remember if I brushed my hair today...just to run my fingers through it and think " Have I even brushed it this week?  What is this in it?  Is that a Cheeto?"

Nice huh?

Anyway....here's some pretty butterflies I made a while back that are so colorful you can't help but cheer up and think, "ah, who cares if you haven't had a pedicure in so long that your toes look like raptor talons....see the pretty rainbow colors!"


Mesmorizing......

I made these for a birthday party.  A kids birthday party.  Used the airbrush.  Let me tell you why this is great tho....




I used white icing and that's it!  Piped and flooded and then added all my color with the airbrush.  Then piped more white on top.  That's why I love my airbrush....I saved myself a lot of time mixing icing...and probably added at least a month of usefulness to my hands before they succumb to carpal tunnel.



So when your short on time and are thinking "What?  it's Thursday already?  It's what time?  9pm?  Where did the time go?  Have I eaten?  Have my kids eaten?  Oh man, my kids haven't eaten...that's probably what that 'Mommy I'm hungry' thing is about...I suck at motherhood... and I have to make cookies"....never fear.  You can still make fun and beautiful cookies.... and your kids wont starve.... I mean, you'll feed them eventually.....




9 comments:

Elizabeth L in Apex, NC said...

These are SO pretty! And I love the white details on the rainbow colors. I've been saying that one day I'm just going to sit down and figure out my airbrush - these may be the inspiration!

Montreal Confections said...

They are gorgeous!! This is exactly why I love my airbrush not just for cookies but for cakes as well, it is an incredible time saver. You saved time mixing your colours AND on doing the dishes.

Natalie Puikkonen said...

So awesome Ali. I wish you the best with the new baby. Being a mom is the hardest thing I have ever done. I feel for you.

The5abbotts said...

You are soooo funny !!!!! I guess it's because I relate so well, going on #4 this fall !!!! The cookies are amazing.
I assume you airbrush when the white dries ???

SweetSugarBelle said...

You said raptor talons. This is why I love ya!

SweetSugarBelle said...

ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! Don't know if my comment worked.

Anne said...

My butterfly cookies are baking as I write this. I will be using my airbrush for the first time in a few days and I hope my cookies look half as good as these - they're beautiful!

Unknown said...

These are just gorgeous!! I love how you design and these are so clever!

Shirley V. said...

Ali,
You just bright up my day, specially today when it is so dark and overcast. Gorgeous butterflies, great blog!. Love it. Thanks

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios