Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Haunted Halloween: Go Bo!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013
So I decided to make 2 sets to donate to the Bo Go Bake Sale this year...I dunno...to make up for missing it last year I suppose.

My first set was simple, and happy and fall....

So this set...well I went a little Tim Burton....or maybe I flatter myself.....But it kind of reminds me of a Gothic Alice and Wonderland....


I really like these.  I was on the line about them...hubs thought they just looked dirty...then I had to admit to him that that was sort of the point...it's meant to resemble old wallpaper or something that's getting that black around the edges.  Like a house that was once bright and colorful....gone dark


.....Kind of like Alice in Wonderland gone bad...I mean I really have no other way to describe it.


Now I don't know why I chose this direction for the Go Bo Bake Sale Round 2....I suppose I should have gone with something cute...and sweet.... and all happy.

But it wasn't talking to me.  This was.  So here it is.  A dozen hand painted and shaded cookies.

Now for a little reference to the shading on the edges....it could be accomplished with either an airbrush (I did find out on a recent cake store splurge an outing of reasonable spending....


you should follow me on Instagram if you don't already

 ...that Americolor does make black airbrush color) or by shading with petal dust.  I did both depending on the shape.  The bats were mainly done with charcoal black petal dust, there the pumpkins and "B"s were airbrushed...here and there I mixed the two.  Anything to get the effect I was looking for.


Anyway....off they go to the bake sale!!  And I hope they fetch a good price for the Foundation!  It was an honor to participate in the bake sale this year!










12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how much talent you have!! I have been one of those quiet readers (reading and looking at your site everyday without posting comments) but I had to leave my thoughts this time............you are freakin' AMAZING at what you do. If I had just 10% of your creativity, I would be a millionaire. Where do you get the ideas to decorate with the designs you use?? Also, thank you for sharing all your tips and hints with your readers. Some people aren't as generous as you are and tend to be secretive and stingy with their tips. So thank you!!!

Susie said...

Yes, Tim Burton for sure. These are awesome. I love, love, love that pumpkin with the orange dots swirling on it....really creative! I started sketching Halloween yesterday, as I missed the whole deal last year!

Sherrie said...

They certainly do have the halloween effect, I LOVE them!!

Just Ask Laura said...

Yet ANOTHER incredible display of your talent.

Question: I love black accents and the depth black icing can bring to cookie design, but I despise the black lips, teeth, tongue left behind. I haven't played with airbrushing the black. Wondering if it does the same thing... ?

Unknown said...

Looks awesome. Like I'm watching the movie Dark Shadows!

Sue said...

I love this effect so much. Perfect for Halloween!

paddle attachment said...

Fabulous! Love those swirly pumpkins!

The Bearfoot Baker said...

Incredible Ali!

Ebony James said...

Can you please make a YouTube video tutorial for how you did the bats they are simply amazing

Julie said...

I hope there will be a tutorial on these!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Anonymous said...

Those are stunning! I think it's refreshing to see something different. Nice job!!

**** April **** said...

I subscribe to your blog on my Feedly Reader because I just love your work. I'm really a lurker and don't comment much on anything in the blogosphere... but I had to!

I mean, I don't know how to decorate a cookie to save my life...but I can certainly appreciate great talent... and THIS... IS... FREAKIN... AMAZING! These are absolutely the COOLEST COOKIES I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios